Spacious living/dining room with well-equipped country-style oak kitchen area. First floor: Double bedroom with 5ft bed. Twin bedroom. Bathroom with shower bath and toilet.
- Elec, full oil central heating, bed linen, towels and beach towels inc
- travel cots and highchairs on request
- Two digital televisions (Freeview)
- DVD (small library)
- Microwave Oven
- Shared courtyard, garden
- Shared BBQs
- Ample parking
- Shared indoor heated swimming pool (50ft x 17ft, depth 4ft ) with infra red sauna
- Shared games chalet
- Shared tennis court
- Shared children's play area
- No smoking
- NB: Two small ponds in the garden and unfenced lakes in the grounds
SUPERB ADDITIONAL FACILITIES
- Magnificent indoor heated swimming pool (50ft x 17ft, depth 4ft) with seating, showers and changing facilities.
- Tennis court
- Children's playframe with swings, slides and play tent
- Large games room with pool table, table tennis and play area with toys for young children
- 76-acre grounds with lakes and walks through woods and fields
- Large courtyard with seats and tables
- Further seats and tables overlooking top lake with great sunset views
Spacious well-equipped cottages...with an idyllic rural setting amidst a chorus of wildlife Conveniently located for Longleat, Bath and the Mendip Hills and Gorges, Moorleaze nestles on the border of Somerset with Dorset and Wiltshire. Enjoying a tranquil setting with stunning views all around, it provides the perfect retreat at any time of year. Built from local stone and boasting every modern convenience, the cottages offer spacious and superbly fitted accommodation, presented to 5 Star standards. The 76-acre grounds include farmland, woodland, orchard and two lakes, whilst the glorious views encompass fields and gently wooded hills. A haven for wildlife, deer and hares abound, often coming within yards of the cottages. Buzzards, kestrels, tawny and barn owls, pheasants, swallows and many other species nest here. The lower lake is stocked with carp, tame enough to feed from guests' hands - so no fishing! The idyllic village of Witham Friary, complete with an unspoiled pub, is a few minutes' stroll and found fame as the setting for the television series Building the Dream.
Benefiting from its countryside setting, Moorleaze also affords easy access all year round and is within a short driving distance of many famous locations. Longleat is close by, as are Wookey Hole and the Yeovilton Aircraft and Haynes Motor Museums. Bath, designated a World Heritage Site, boasts many delights including the Roman Baths. Nearby Frome has even more listed buildings than Bath and hosts a renowned arts and music festival in early July. Salisbury, Wells, Glastonbury, Stonehenge and Avebury are also popular places to visit from Moorleaze. (National Trust) properties include the incomparable Stourhead, just minutes away. Walkers are spoilt for choice, from the local countryside to the splendour of the Mendips, including Cheddar Gorge. With its magnificent indoor pool, games room, tennis court, climbing frame and idyllic setting, The Sunday Times described Moorleaze as
"a sure-fire child pleaser", and it's just as popular with adults, an ideal break at any time of the year. The village public house is within walking distance. Shops 6 miles.